Floating Petrohue River till Pacific Ocean
Located almost 1.000 km south from Santiago this area is the perfect
place to observe the majestic and snowed tops of the Calbuco, Osorno
and Puntiagudo Volcanoes.
Petrohué River is a river located in Los Lagos Region. It originates from Todos los Santos Lake in the Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park. At its origin are founded the Petrohué Waterfalls. The lower section of Petrohue river is very calm , features emerald color water
and is considered, both nationally and internationally, to be one of the best rivers for recreational fishing in the region given the great diversity of species that can be found .
It is a a perfect family trip as affords plenty of opportunities for relax and enjoy simple things.
We meet at your hotel in Puerto Varas at 9:00 AM to start driving
east till the town of Ensenada and then continue south east to the put in in Petrohue river. Safety talk and prepare to start floating and paddling downstream very relax this calm river for aprox. 2-3 hours. Return to Puerto Varas aprox
As we will be travelling in small groups , paddling slowly and quietly
, we will have good opportunities to enjoy the flight of a variety
of birds , the colours of the the clouds reflecting in the water
, and the magnificent sound of the silence. We will stop for a box
lunch and continue till Termas de Ralun (hotsprings) , natural pools close to the river where we will enjoy swimming and snorkeling in its clear waters , then continue downstream till Reloncavi Fjord , the first fjord in Patagonia , in the Pacific Ocean.
- Transportation in private vehicle from your Hotel in Puerto
Varas to the destination and back to Puerto Varas.
- Rafting equipment
Self-bailing whitewater raft, paddles and lifejacket, diving mask.
- Satellite telephone, VHF marine radio.
- Safety talk before start paddling.
- English speaking rafting guide.
- imited insurance once the floating trip starts with Interamericana
Insurance Company (chilean company.
* Ask about recommended gear list.
- You'll find your trip even more enjoyable if you remember
to bring flexibility and a sense of humor with you.
- Swimming expertise (older than 7 years old , with parents)
- Contemplative attitude and respect for the existing ecosystem.
- Physical state and health compatible with the activity to
- Previous indication of any illness or health problem.
- Possibly while we are driving to our destination , or while
we are paddling , weather conditions may change , dont forget that you have chossen a trip in Northern Patagonia that is also very unpredictable. This fact doesnt means any kind of refund.
- Understand that this is team activity in the outdoors and
the participation of each person at each stage is fundamental.
- Before trip you must turn in a signed form of Release
- To have read and clearly understand the General
- Send complete the RESERVATION Form and MEDICAL Form that appears
after you press the RESERVATION button that is at the end of this
- The trip has been planned with the consideration of those
without previous experience.
Before we begin our floating trip,
we will have a complete safety talk so that our participants
feel more comfortable .
- Sometimes the river is too high and the pools (hotsprings) are under the water.
- To guarantee the security of our customers, we will have with us a satellite telephone and VHF marine radio..
- The trip will take place even if it rains.
must mention that the success of this type of trip is subject to the
weather as well the personality of the person, therefore an
adventure spirit and good disposition will be fundamental.
AFTER you press the RESERVATION button, send us an email specifying:
- Your Name , age
Name of the trip you want (number of days)
Number of participants
Date of the trip you want (and your availability)
* we will send you a Reservation and Medical Forms that you have to send us back by email