Program Kayaking Todos Los Santos Lake:
At 8:30 AM we will meet at your hotel in Puerto Varas and start driving
to the east , in the southern shore of Llanquihue Lake, the second
biggest in Chile . This is a very scenic trip with spectacular views
of Osorno volcanoe (2652m) right in front Llanquihue lake, and to
the south , Calbuco volcanoe (2100m).
After passing Ensenada town we will be entering Vicente Perez Rosales
National Park , the oldest in Chile . The history says that this
lake was discovered by the Jesuist in 1670 the Day of All The Saints
and meaning in spanish " Todos los Santos " .
Why so early ...?
To be able to appreciate the sun appearing behind the Andes enjoying
the colours of the sunrise, the quietness of it´s waters and
the first sounds of the silence (this happens in winter).
Before we start , our guide will offer the group a complete safety
talk about our float plan and then a general practice of strokes
and rescue. After all this we will load our kayaks with all the
gear we need for our selfsupported seakayak trip and then ... we
are ready to start our adventure.. THE ANDEAN LAKE CROSSING . We
will start were Petrohué river born , paddling in the emerald
waters of Todos Los Santos Lake .
It is located at the foot of the tremendous size Osorno volcanoe
and as we paddle great views of Puntiagudo and Calbuco volcanoes
will be with us . The idea is to be close to the coast so we can
pay attention to every detail , like the huge trees that grows close
to the water , or to try to see or catch the sound of the birds
or see any animal, like probably the pudu (the smallest deer in
the world), a fox , or a waterfall, or....In the afternoon , swim,
snorkelling in submerged forest , rest and campsite enjoying the
view (weather permitted ).
Day 2: Keep paddling to the east , every minute
closer to the Andes , investigating the place and it´s details.
Stop for a boxlunch , relax enjoy the sound of the chucao bird (chucao
tapaculo), and keep going facing the enormous Tronador Mount till
finally arriving to the end of the lake where exist a little village
called Peulla, very close to Argentina. (Campsite probably close to this village)
* Optionally : 1 extra day for hiking till Termas del Callao Hotsprings
(not included) .
Day 3: Eearly in the morning , after breakfast
and undoing all the campsite , if we have time, we will go for a short hike to visit the village while waiting for the Ferryboat , that will bring us back to the starting point in Petrohue . This time
navigating more relaxing , enjoying the views that surround this
amazing lake . Pick up
our private van , load our gear and drive to visit los Saltos de
Petrohue , waterfalls amidst volcanic rock formations. Return to
Puerto Varas (afternoon).
and suitable for everyone with adventurous spirit inlcuding
|Lakes District, from
Petrohue till Peulla.
* 1 Day
* 2 DAYS
* 4 Days, including hiking till Termas del Callao Hotsprings.
* 6 till 7days
year , starting only Monday
| Details of the trip
||Starts and Ends in Puerto
| Numeber of participants
*Scenic driving from Puerto Varas to Ensenada enjoying beautiful
views of Osorno and Calbuco Volcanoe. Once the trips starts...
magnifiscent views of the other side of the tremendous size
and proximity of ice-capped Volcano Osorno and 2 more volcanoes
, the Puntiagudo and Calbuco plus Tronador Mount located in
the border with Argentina..but mainly the emerald waters of
the Todos Los Santos lake surrounded by huge virgin rainforest...
- Ringed kingfisher, neoptropic cormoran, cynclodes,chimango
caracara, southern crested caracara, fox
* Visit Saltos de Petrohué (Petrohue Waterfalls)
-Scenic driving close to the southern shore of Lanquihue
-complete sea kayak safety talk including sea kayak rescue
simulation before paddling.
-seakayaking completely , from west to east , Todos los Santos
-snorkelling submerged forests.
-Scenic navigation by boat .
*short hike to Visit Saltos de Petrohue, waterfalls amidst
volcanic rock formations
in the area
Seakayak trips in the area:
* Northern Patagonia Fjords of Pumalin Park (4,6 days)
* Todos los Santos Lake (1-3 days)
* Reloncavi Fjord (1-3 days)
* Chiloe: Churches and Nature : (Penguins and kayaking wetlands of Chepu River)
* 2 Days Cochamo: Seakayak Reloncavi Fjord and Horseriding Cochamo Valley
|How To Get
Private vehicle from YAK EXPEDICIONES
- Transportation in private vehicle from your Hotel in Puerto
Varas to Petrohué and back to Puerto Varas.
- Probably Ferry Boat navigation to return (Peulla-Petrohué) , otherwise return paddling.
- Entrance for visiting Saltos de Petrohue (Petrohue Waterfalls)- not includel.
- Seakayak equipment:
Double seakayak with original rudder, seakayak paddles , lifejacket
, sprayskirt and paddling jacket
- Complete Safety Talk ...before the trips starts.
- All the food according to the following detail: Day 1: Box-Lunch, Dinner / Day 2: Breakfast
, Boxlunch and Dinner/ Day3: Breakfast and Boxlunch.
- English speaking seakayak guide , certified by the British
Canoe Union of England as a BCU 4STAR Seakayak Award with NOLS
Trainning and certied as a Wilderness First Responder.
- Satelite telephine, VHF marine radio , celular telephone,
chart , satelite photo.
- Snorkelling equipment (diving mask).
- Limited insurance while seakayaking (chilean company)
* Ask for your recommended Gear List.