Sea Kayaking Viña del Mar and Valparaiso
Navigate in a sea kayak from Viña del Mar to Valparaiso will allow
you to understand why this particular city was declared recently
by Unesco WORLD HERITAGE.
A visit to Valparaiso is a sheer surprise: its typical
architecture, its winding narrow streets and the ranges of houses
clinging on the surrounding hills in an urban landscape intermingled
with all kind of vessels in the ever present bay.
We meet in Santiago at 9AM and after crossing the coastal range
by way of tunnels and passing through the unique Curacaví
farming valley and we start feeling the cool breeze of the Pacific
Oceans, we take the road to Valparaíso overlooking the blue
bay (weather permitting).
Before paddling we will have a safety talk and also a general seakayak
practice about strokes and rescue procedures...and then start our
navigation. We expect to return to Santiago aprox 8 PM.
||suitable for any level
| Time of Year
| Trip Details
||Starts/ends in Santiago or Valparaíso
| # of participants
||unique views of Valparaíso
bay and Viña del Mar city
|Valparaíso city tour
|How To Get There
car or in our van
- Transportation in our private van
- English speaking sea kayak guide with NOLS trainning and
First Aid knowledge (Wilderness First Responder Course).
- Complete Navigation Equipment
(expedition seakayaks with original rudders imported from
USA and Germany, lifejackets , sprayskirts, paddles, paddling
jackets, wetsuits and marine radio).
- Lunch-box during the navigation
(cookies, sandwich, juice)
Recommended clothing for paddling:
sun hat, warm hat, sun glasses with straps, sunscreen, fleece
jacket for paddling, bathing suit, neopren boots or sandals
or running shoes that will get wet + synthetic socks, towel,
1liter water bottle and extra personal food if desired.
- Swimming expertise.
- Physical state and health compatible with the activity
to be performed.
- Previous indication of any illness or health problem
- Positive mental attitude in front of unexpected situations
- Understand that all activities performed in nature can
involve some risk.
- The program could be modified at any stage due to weather
conditions or sudden incidents that could affect the security
of the group
- To have read and have a clear understanding of the Terms
and Conditions section.
- Before trip :
- you must send by fax and signed the Release
of Liability form
-press the RESERVATION BUTTON (at the end of this program)
and send completly by each participant the Reservation Form
and Medical Form
We must state that the success of this type of trips is
subject to unexpected weather and personal situations, so
adventurous spirit and good disposition will be fundamental.
AFTER you press the RESERVATION button, send us an email specifying:
- Your Name , age
Name of the trip you want (number of days)
Number of participants
Date of the trip you want (and your availability)
* we will send you a Reservation and Medical Forms that you have to send us back by email