Here we will find beautiful crystalline lagoons surrounded by native
forests and sharp mountains, in addition to hawks, woodpeckers,
black necked swans, varieties of ducks, pumas and South American
culpeo foxes among others.
We meet in the city of Temuco (train station) at 8AM and from there
starts our trip to Conguillío National Park. While we drive
we will pass Cunco and Melipeuco, tipical towns of the area and
just before entering the park we will visit the Truful-Truful waterfall.
Set up campsite (or go to our cabaña -autum-winter) , lunch
and start a hike to enjoy inmediately the surrounding. Dinner
After breakfast we will start paddling our seakayaks (weather permitting)
through this magical place surrounded by thousand year old araucarias
and the impressive presence of Llaima Volcano. In part of the trip
we will be sorprended by the Conguillío waterfalls. Lunch
during the navigation and return to campsite in the afternoon.
This will be our last day. Trekking to the snow covered Sierra
from an altitude of 700m up to a kingdom of araucarias, at more
than 1,500m and reach the everlasting glaciers. From it's viewpoints
there are splendid views of Lake Conguillío and the
surrounding summits, before continuing up to the crest of the sierra.
The total circuit is 10 km, approximately 5 hours. You will also
be able to watch Andean Condors flying. We will go back to our campsite
, have lunch, relax and go back to Temuco. End of the trip.
- SMALL EXPEDITION GROUPS (safety and less impact)
- Guide: Juan Zuazo - Director of YAK EXPEDICIONES , english speaking, certified
by the British Canoe Union of England as BCU 4 STAR Sea Award , ACA seakayak Instructor Levcel 4, certified in First Aid as Wilderness First Responder , certified as BCU Rescue and Safety. NOLS Trainning.
- Transportation in our van (Temuco - Conguillío
National Park - Temuco).
- Entrance and camping fees at National Park.
- Food during the trip according to program (from lunch day 1
till lunch day 3)
(menu considering breakfast ; lunch or box lunch (trail food)
; Dinner )
- Paddling equipment
(Single and double sea kayaks imported from the USA and Germany,
expedition models, with rudder, spray skirt, paddles, high
floatation life jackets, paddling jackets).
Our kayaks are very comfortable and stable
- Safety-talk and paddling practice before departure
- Camping and cooking equipment (2 person tents, tarp)/
In Autum-winter we will sleep in confortable cabañas
in front LLaima Volcanoe
- Swimming expertise
- Contemplative attitude and respect for the existing ecosystem.
- Physical state and health compatible with the activity
to be performed.
- Previous indication of any illness or health problem
- Strictly abide by the indications of the guides during
- Positive mental attitude in front of unexpected situations
- Understand that this is team activity in the outdoors
and the participation of each person at each stage is fundamental.
- Hospitals and Professional First Aid Care are very far
from the place where we will be navigating. Participantes
must be healthy and in good physical conditions
- Understand that all activities performed in nature can
indicate some risk.
- Before trip you must turn in a signed form of
Release of Liability.
- To have read and clearly understand the General
We must state that the success of this
type of trips is subject to unexpected weather and personal
situations, so an adventurous spirit and good disposition will be
AFTER you press the RESERVATION button, send us an email specifying:
- Your Name , age
Name of the trip you want (number of days)
Number of participants
Date of the trip you want (and your availability)
* we will send you a Reservation and Medical Forms that you have to send us back by email