This park is distinguished by it's abundance of beautiful
trees typical to our country: the Araucarias. These majestic trees
are between 600 and 1200 years old, sufficient enough to realize the
ephemeral of our existence. This paradise was declared a
protected area in 1950 and is an excellent place for nature lovers
to come into contact with the secrets and attractions of our
Here we will find beautiful crystalline lagoons surrounded by
native forests and sharp mountains, in addition to hawks,
woodpeckers, black necked swans, varieties of ducks, pumas and South
American culpeo foxes among others.
1: At 8AM we meet in Temuco and start our trip to Conguillío
National Park. Once we arrive and after a safety talk and a complete
explanation of paddling stroks and rescue starts the sea kayak paddling
through this magical place surrounded by thousand year old araucarias
and the impressive presence of Llaima Volcano. Lunch during the
trip and return in the afternoon. Dinner at campsite under the southern
Day 2: Early in the morning starts the
trekking to the snow covered Sierra from an altitude of 700m up
to a kingdom of araucarias, at more than 1,500m. From it's viewpoints
there are splendid views of Lake Conguillío and the
surrounding summits, before continuing up to the crest of the sierra.
The total circuit is 10 km, approximately 5 hours. Return to Temuco
in time to take a return bus to Santiago.
- Small Groups (safety and less impact)
- Transportation in private van (Temuco - Conguillío
National Park - Temuco).
- Personal Accident Insurance while seakayaking and hiking.
- Park and camping fees.
- All food according to program: (from lunch day 1 till lunch
- Complete paddling equipment (Single and double sea kayaks imported
from the USA and Germany, expedition models, with original
rudder, spray skirt, paddles, high floatation life jackets, paddling
jackets) . Our seakayaks are very comfortable and stable
- Camping and cooking equipment (2 person tents, tarp)
- Safety talk and seakayak practice before departure
- Guide: Juan Zuazo - Director of YAK EXPEDICIONES , english speaking, certified
by the British Canoe Union of England as BCU 4 STAR Sea Award , ACA seakayak Instructor Levcel 4, certified in First Aid as Wilderness First Responder , certified as BCU Rescue and Safety. NOLS Trainning.
- Swimming expertise
- Contemplative attitude and respect for the existing ecosystem.
- Physical state and health compatible with the activity
to be performed.
- Previous indication of any illness or health problem
- Strictly abide by the indications of the guides during
- Positive mental attitude in front of unexpected situations
- Understand that this is team activity in the outdoors
and the participation of each person at each stage is fundamental.
- Hospitals and Professional First Aid Care are very far
from the place where we will be navigating. Participantes
must be healthy and in good physical conditions
- Understand that all activities performed in nature can
indicate some risk.
- Before trip you must turn in a signed form of
Release of Liability.
- To have read and clearly understand the General
We must state that the success of this
type of trips is subject to unexpected weather and personal
situations, so an adventurous spirit and good disposition will be
AFTER you press the RESERVATION button, send us an email specifying:
- Your Name , age
Name of the trip you want (number of days)
Number of participants
Date of the trip you want (and your availability)
* we will send you a Reservation and Medical Forms that you have to send us back by email