DAY 1 :
(Puerto Varas - Reloncavi Fjord - Puelo River Valley)
The very beginning of Reloncavi Fjord
After meeting at your hotel in Puerto Varas at 8AM we
will start a scenic driving close to the southern shore of Lanquihue
lake, with wonderfull views to the north east of the huge Osorno volcanoe (2600m) and to the south east Calbuco volcanoe (2100m) , passing the village of
Ensenda and then turning south east , close to the Andes range following Petrohue river till Ralun
village , where this river meets the Pacific Ocean
Scenic driving in the coastline of the Fjord
We will continue driving always in the eastern coastline of Reloncavi Fjord , the first fjord in Patagonia , with magnifiscent wiews of Yates volcanoe (2000m) , we will pass Cochamó village , drive till Puelo river , turn east until we arrive to Tagua – Tagua Lake, a gorgeous combination of dense forest, rivers, a huge waterfall and very steep mountains as we are getting in the heart of the Andes , everytime closer to the border with Argentina.
Time for pic-nic before crossing the lake to the other side using a small ferry boat that also accomodates sometime people, horses, buses and cars
Tagua Tagua Lake Ferry Crossing
Continue driving enjoying this special valley till we arrive to the shore of the Puelo river where we will have to take a small boat to cross the river to the other side where the horses will be waiting for us , pack all our stuff and ride for aprox 1 hour till the house of one authentic gaucho (baqueano or huaso) located in a small hill with a spectacular view of the Puelo river.
In this trip we will be invited to sleep in the house of our local horse guide and experience his way of life talking to them , listening their stories , time to relax and visit their property with horses and sheeps until time to share dinner with the family and.. good night. ( BL-D)
DAY 2 :
( Horseriding in Puelo River Valley - Pasarela Bridge )
Good morning and after a tasty breakfast a recuperating rest and more stories with the local family we will start our horseriding guided by our new local friend through forests of coigue , ulmo and canelo trees , some easy river crossings will be needed , until we arrive to the section known as La Pasarela (bridge) near the community of Primer Corral, where we will stop for a picnic lunch , go for a hike , swim, rest and then strat our way back to our new house..
Puelo river crossing
Puelo River at the Pasarela (bridge) near the community of Primer Corral
DAY 3 :
( Boat ride downstream Puelo river - Reloncavi Fjord - Puerto Varas)
After and breakfast , with all the memories in our mind
, is time to return , but this time we will go to the river where a motor boat will take as downstream puelo river to meet with our vehicle to start our way back navigating Tagua Tagua lake and back to Puerto Varas , but first stop we will stop at Cochamo villlage
with time to visit it´s beautiful 1901 wooden church, have lunch and keep going to your hotel in Puerto Varas (aprox.
1901 wooden Inmaculada Concepción Church in Cochamó village
- Physical state and health compatible with the activity to be
- Previous indication of any illness or health problem
- Positive attitude in front of unexpected situations.
find your trip even more enjoyable if you remember to bring flexibility
and a sense of humor with you.
- Understand that all activities performed in nature can indicate
- The program could be modified at any stage due to weather conditions
or sudden incidents that could affect the security of the group
- Before trip starts you must send us signed the Release of Liability Form. and the Reservation and Medical
Forms that appears after you press the Reservation Button.
- To have read and have a clear understanding of the Terms and Conditions section.
NOTE: It is important not to bring unnecessary gear in order to protect the horses.
- SMALL GROUPS, maximum of 6 (safety and respect for the environment
and the local people)
- Authentic interaction with the local people we meet in the area.
- Private transportation from / to your hotel in Puerto Varas.
- Motor boat navigation in Puelo river (day 1 and day 3)
- Tagua Tagua Lake ferry crossing
- Saddle horses
- Transportation in private vehicle from Puerto Varas to the point where
we initiate our adventure and return to Puerto Varas.
- Food according to program
B: Breakfast / BL: boxlunch (picnic) / L:lunch / D: dinner
- Consider that each family has their own animals and greenhouses so vegetables will be very fresh.
- Safety Equipment: Satellite Telephone, direct telephone lines through 2-way VHF radio links.
- Friendly local gaucho (huaso) horseriding guide , with a great knowledge of the area, that will look after you.
* The horseriding trip is done by an expert local who has been riding horses all his life and now he is showing his land to more people.
must state that the success of this type of trips is subject to
unexpected weather and personal situations, so an adventurous spirit
and good disposition will be fundamental.
AFTER you press the RESERVATION button, send us an email specifying:
- Your Name , age
Name of the trip you want (number of days)
Number of participants
Date of the trip you want (and your availability)
* we will send you a Reservation and Medical Forms that you have to send us back by email.