Floating Maullin River
Located almost 1.000 km south from Santiago this area is the perfect
place to observe the majestic and snowed tops of the Calbuco, Osorno
and Puntiagudo Volcanoes.
We invite you to descend this calm and flat river border with Maullin
Ornitological Park where the observation of native species, such
as Cormorant Colonies, Black Faced Ibis and other types of Herons
is possible, as well as Black Necked Swans that inhabit this marsh.
Submerged myrtles with roots growing from beneath the water, propitiate
the development of swamps hualves- where animals like fresh
water otters huillines- and minks live and offer a good chance
As we will be travelling in small groups , paddling slowly and quietly
, we will have good opportunities to enjoy the flight of a variety
of birds , the colours of the the clouds reflecting in the water
, and the magnificent sound of the silence. We will stop for a box
lunch and then continue downstream.
We meet at your hotel in Puerto Varas at 9:00 AM to start drivinf
south till the town of Llanquihue, in the western shore of LLanquihue
lake . Safety talk m prepare the rafts and start paddling downstream
in this calm river for aprox. 3 hours. Return to Puerto Varas aprox
(Note: This is not a ornitological trip)
- Swimming expertise
- Contemplative attitude and respect for the existing ecosystem.
- Physical state and health compatible with the activity to
- Previous indication of any illness or health problem.
- You'll find your trip even more enjoyable if you remember
to bring flexibility and a sense of humor with you.
- Possibly while we are driving to our destination , or while
we are paddling , weather conditions (wind) may change and in
order of the group safety the paddling could be delay, shorten
or cancelled. This fact doesnt means any kind of refund.
- Understand that this is team activity in the outdoors and
the participation of each person at each stage is fundamental.
- Before trip you must turn in a signed form of Release
- To have read and clearly understand the General
- Send complete the RESERVATION Form and MEDICAL Form that appears
after you press the RESERVATION button that is at the end of this
- The trip has been planned with the consideration of those
without previous experience.. Before we begin our great trip,
we will have a complete discussion and practice session covering
rescue techniques and paddling maneuvers so that our participants
feel more comfortable during the trip and can really enjoy the
beautiful views that they encounter.
- To guarantee the security of our customers, we will carry with us a satelite telephone and VHF marine radio..
- The trip will take place even if it rains.
must mention that the success of this type of trip is subject to the
weather as well the personality of the person, therefore an
adventure spirit and good disposition will be fundamental.
AFTER you press the RESERVATION button, send us an email specifying:
- Your Name , age
Name of the trip you want (number of days)
Number of participants
Date of the trip you want (and your availability)
* we will send you a Reservation and Medical Forms that you have to send us back by email